Page Updated Daily.
See Menu for additional notes.
Elisa Lam was last seen alive by a bookstore owner near the Cecil Hotel on January 31, 2013. Elisa Lam also checked in with her parents on this date according to her sister, Sarah Lam. Ms. Lam is seen in the now infamous elevator video on February 1, 2013. Ms. Lam was discovered deceased in the rooftop water cistern (water tower) of the Cecil Hotel on February 19, 2013. The Coroner ruled the cause of death to be accidental drowning.
|Subject Name||Elisa Lam |
Cantonese Name: Lam Ho Yi
|Location of Incident||Rooftop Cistern, Rooftop Watertower|
Cecil Hotel (Now “Stay on Main Hotel”)
640 S. Main Street
Los Angeles, California 90014; USA
|Date & Time of Incident||Last Seen: January 31, 2013|
Discovered: February 19, 2013
|Type of Case||Missing Persons|
Death Under Unusual Circumstances
|Disposition||Subject Discovered Deceased|
Face Up   -or- Face Down  in Rooftop Cistern
* Face Up is most often reported.
|Cause of Death||Accidental Drowning|
|Case Status||Unresolved; Resolution Speculative|
Main Subject: Elisa Lam (Deceased)
|SUBJECT NAME||ELISA LAM|
|Subject Alias #01||Lam Ho Yi (Cantonese)|
|Subject Alias #02||L.L.|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1991|
|Date of Death||Jan 31 – Feb 19; 2013|
Per Coroner: ???
|Age at Time of Disappearance/Death||21 Years + 10 Months|
|Location of Birth||Vancouver, British Columbia; Canada|
|Residence at Time of Disappearance/Death||Vancouver, British Columbia; Canada|
|Location of Death||Los Angeles, California; USA|
Social Media Accounts of Elisa Lam
- Twitter | L.L | @lambetes | https://twitter.com/lambetes
- Tumblr | L.L | https://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com
Incident Location: Cecil Hotel; 640 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014
- List of deaths and violence at the Cecil Hotel (Wikipedia)
- Is the Cecil the most haunted hotel in Los Angeles? (The Guardian)
- Photographs of the Cecil Hotel during the Lam Investigation
Factors & Explanations
Logical, Medical, or Scientific Factors
- Elisa Lam was being treated by a Physician in her hometown for Depression and Bipolar Disorder with prescription medication.
- Elisa Lam has a prescription for Quetiapine. The Quetiapine was prescribed by Dr. Sarah E. Scarfe and filled at London Drugs (Canadian Pharmacy), 604-570-0252, Prescription Number: 7153992; Prescribed 01/11/2013. She was issued 30 tablets. There were still 20 in the bottle. RX Directions: 2 Tabs QHS PRN (QHS = Abbreviation for L. quaque hora somni, every bedtime; PRN: Abbreviation meaning “when necessary”).
- If there are 10 tablets missing from the bottle, Elisa Lam might have taken them in the 21 days between when they were prescribed (January 11, 2013) and her disappearance (February 1, 2013).
- There was “ND” – Not Detected – in Elisa Lam’s system for Quetiapine and Quetiapine Metabolite in the Coroner’s Report.
- Per the FDA, Quetiapine has a 6 hour half-life.
- Should the Quetiapine have appeared in her toxicology if she had taken it in the days prior to her death?
- What are the side-effects of starting and stopping this medication? Does it need to be titrated up on? Is it common to be used “as needed”?
Supernatural, Paranormal, or Unproven Factors
- Strange behavior in the elevator and in the vicinity.
- Was Elisa Lam possessed? Was she fighting something unseen? [See Elevator Video]
- Was “The Elevator Game,” a Korean ritual, a factor in Lam’s disappearance? Did she end up in another dimension?
- Elisa Lam drowned in an accident whose details have been thus far unavailable or speculative.
Comments & Opinions
Weird stuff happens.
- “How girl found dead in water tank set the internet on fire” (News.Au.Com)
- “Cecil Hotel Elevator Camera” Released by LAPD (Recorded Feb 1, 2013) – YouTube
(See Also: Investigation Notes on The Elevator, the Elevator Game, and the Strange Movements of Elisa Lam)
- “The Bizarre Death of Elisa Lam” by BuzzFeed (March 18, 2016) – YouTube
- “Elisa Lam” by SKYND – YouTube
Documentaries & Movies
- Missing Person Alert/Flier for Elisa Lam [.PDF] – Released February 6, 2013